RN 2 B

After I got my first degree I always said pigs would fly before I went back to school. Well, the pigs are flying now. Follow my progress through nursing school as a second degree student in Houston, TX.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

It's Springtime for Hitler...

Well, maybe not, but it certainly is here in Houston. The high today was 74 and it was a beautiful sunny day. The azaleas were in bloom and everyone was out enjoying the weather.

It has been a while since my last update, things have been real busy here. I had my first round of tests 3 A's and 2 B's, my skills checkoff on vital signs, and my first patient in clinicals. Now we have the second round of tests starting.

This whole nursing school thing is wierd. During class I'll get these flashes of this is so right for me, why didn't I do this earlier or this information just makes sense. We have block scheduling on Mondays and the 50 or so people in my class and track all have the same classes together, and then we are all together on Thursday for our evening class. We only split up for one class, asessment lab and clinicals. I feel like I am back in elementary school.

I'm off to sleep now, and then I have to finish a care plan in the morning and start studying for this week's tests. It is going to be an interesting week. I get to pick my patient for clinicals, then I'm going to help with a screening at an inner city school for a service project. After that I have 2 tests and then at the end of the week Spring Break!

2 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily:

Hello from a former fellow CIS and knitter. I'm still at NCIC but now am a quitline counselor. Sounds like you're enjoying nursing school and doing very well! Lynn

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily:

Hello from a former fellow CIS and knitter. I'm still at NCIC but now am a quitline counselor. Sounds like you're enjoying nursing school and doing very well! Lynn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home